Student home insurance from €32,50 / year

Are you looking to insure your student accommodation in a student residence or CROUS residence? Without breaking the bank? You need a secure student home insurance policy. This contract contains essential guarantees and high compensation ceilings in case of damage for a fair and equitable insurance. 

We don’t do low cost, we do Just Right Cost!

We explain everything.

Why go through Etudassur?

 Here are some good reasons to trust Etudassur:

Contracts of variable and firm duration

There are 3 possible and renewable contract durations, to adapt to the mobility of students:

• from 1 day to 3 months inclusive.

• from 4 to 6 months inclusive.

• from 7 to 12 months inclusive.

The contracts are for a fixed term without tacit renewal. This means that they will not be automatically renewed at the end of the contract.

A reasonable student home insurance excess.

The excess is only €100. As a rule, the excess for a home policy is around €185. The excess is the amount you are responsible for in the event of a claim.

High and adapted coverage limits

In the “XXL” formula, the total value of the insured furniture is €7,500.

As for the office, computer and telephone insurance, it guarantees you a reimbursement of the replacement value for all objects in these 3 categories, if they are less than 2 years old.

Your certificates are available as soon as you subscribe

You will immediately receive your insurance certificate by email and we will automatically send it to your landlord. This student home insurance also includes Civil Liability insurance, which you can also take out when you enrol at your school, where it is compulsory, or when you do an internship.

Etudassur automatically includes Personal Liability and Work Experience from the “Essential” package onwards.

Student home insurance packages from €32,50 / year

Etudassur’s multi-risk home insurance policies have been designed to provide students with the best possible protection and to meet their needs.

Our packages


    from €6.50 per month
  • Essential

    from €4.15 per month
  • XXL

    from €5.30 per month
  • XXL + Bike

    Dès 7,21€ par mois


Dès 2,71€ par mois*


from €4.15 per month


from €5.30 per month

XXL + Bike

Dès 7,21€ par mois
Plafond mobilier 4 500 € 6 000 € 7 500 € 7 500 €
24/7 support
Water damage
Glass breakage
Private liability En option
Stay / Travel
Natural disaster
Climatic events
Rental liability
Recourse from neighbours and third parties
Defence costs
School Liability En option
Refurbishment to new (- 2 years)
Theft / Vandalism
Theft from the person
Electrical damage
Bed Flea Guarantee
Loss of key guarantee
Bicycle theft coverage
Strike Guarantee
* tarif pour une résidence CROUS sans l’option RC.

Essential Package from €55 per year

(€4.58 per month)

Our Essential Student Home Insurance package includes a range of coverages to provide protection at a reasonable price.   

Here you will find information on each of the guarantees in our contract. However, it is important to read the general and special conditions of your contract, which set out in detail the scope of each of them.


In addition to all these guarantees, your contract includes 24/7 assistance, whether you are at home, travelling or even abroad.

You can call on locksmiths, glaziers, plumbers, etc. via the assistance network. All these service providers have price lists approved by the assistance service and therefore avoid any potential “scams”.

The assistance of your student home insurance has many complementary guarantees to your home insurance contract, such as repatriation, the first aid kit, temporary accommodation in the event of a covered loss, etc… 

Fire and related events

These are fires with flames and smoke. Fire insurance will not work in some cases, for example if a cigarette butt comes into contact with a burning material.

Many damages such as fire, explosion, implosion or lightning are covered by your student home insurance. 

Water damage-frost

For example, this guarantee covers a leak or overflow from your sink or boiler or water damage to your home caused by someone else (such as a seepage problem from your neighbour’s house). 

Ice breakage

With glass breakage insurance, you will be compensated if your windows, bay windows, balcony dividers or other glass elements in your insured home are damaged.

Travelling Stay

During a private stay of a maximum of 3 consecutive months, the stay/travel guarantee of your student home insurance covers all objects that are part of your personal belongings, which are insured against the following damage: fire, water damage, natural disasters, climatic events, theft, attacks and acts of terrorism.

Natural disasters

This guarantee covers damage to your furniture or your home caused by natural disasters. This damage must be caused by an event of natural origin (storm, tempest, flood, etc.).

The triggering of this student home insurance cover is conditional on the prior publication in the Journal officiel de la République of a ministerial decree declaring a state of natural disaster.

Weather events

The weather cover covers you against events such as storms, hail or snow.

Rental liability

Also known as tenant’s liability, it covers you against accidental damage for which you are responsible (except for intentional damage or damage due to your negligence) as a tenant with regard to the goods rented to you. This can include material and immaterial damage…

– caused to rented or occupied buildings.

– caused to your flatmates and constituting a disturbance of enjoyment.  

– for your accommodation and that of your flatmates, as well as the loss of use of the premises occupied by the owner.

Your student home insurance also covers property damage in the event of multiple occupants of the dwelling when this damage affects the part of the building rented or occupied by the tenants or the owner himself.

We also have a specific clause on each of our contracts to protect the common areas in the case of shared flats. It is not necessary to insure these common areas, which are automatically covered by your contract . 

The financial consequences of your responsibilities as a tenant are also covered for material and immaterial damage caused to neighbours and third parties.

Personal liability

Civil liability refers to the obligation of every person to repair the damage he or she causes to others in the course of his or her private life. For example, if your dog bites a passer-by in the street.   

Student home insurance provides for private life civil liability valid in metropolitan France and throughout the world, if the trip is less than 3 months and is part of your studies. Beyond this period, you must take out international travel insurance. You can find more information here or by contacting us.

Recourse from neighbours and third parties

The Neighbour’s Recourse Guarantee covers you as a tenant against your neighbours and third parties if they have suffered the following damage in their home:

– water damage or explosion that started in your home.

– fire that started in your home.

Defence costs

If you suffer a loss as a result of the guarantees described above, your student home insurance covers the costs and fees of lawyers, investigations, experts and proceedings that you may have to bear.

In order to receive reimbursement for defence costs, you must contact us to obtain our prior written agreement before incurring any expenses. The costs reimbursed will not exceed the ceilings and sub-ceilings of the cover provided in the general conditions of your policy.

This protection does not constitute a guarantee of legal protection.

"XXL" formula from €70 per year

(5.83 € per month)

This student home insurance plan includes the same coverages as the Essential plan, as well as the additional coverages listed below and extended coverage limits.

Electrical damage

This electrical damage insurance covers material damage caused by the action of electricity to electrical appliances (household appliances, telephony and office equipment). 


Theft/vandalism covers theft, attempted theft and vandalism of your personal belongings and furniture present in your home when you move in, committed inside your home, provided that these acts have taken place as a result of :

– a break-in.
– an assault.
– the use of a false capacity or identity.  

Theft from the person

The personal theft cover of your student home insurance covers the theft of your keys and identity documents, even outside your home.

Bike theft

This is an extendable coverage of your home insurance, which comes into play when :

– your bicycle is stolen within a radius of more than 100 metres from your home and it was secured with a U-lock or folding lock that secures both the frame and one wheel to a fixed point.

– Student home insurance also works if your bicycle is stolen from your home in the bicycle room if it was secured with at least one U-lock or folding lock that secures both the frame and one wheel.

– when the theft of your bicycle is committed inside your closed and covered home, with all doors and windows closed and locked.

In the event of a claim, we will reimburse the bicycle for the actual amount and up to the amount insured. To do this, simply provide us with purchase invoices from official dealer(s) prior to the date of the loss, both for the bicycle and for the lock.


The strike cover in your student home insurance works in the event of a strike affecting public transport and preventing you from attending national examinations or competitions.

Your insurance will then compensate you for the costs of using a taxi or a chauffeur-driven car.

Insect control for bed bugs

In case of bedbugs in your home, a professional bedbug killer will intervene as soon as possible.

Loss of key

If you lose your keys, we will reimburse you for the cost of replacing them.


Home insurance is intended for students living in mainland France or Corsica (including foreign students) who are tenants in a university residence or CROUS residence or in any other independent accommodation.  

The type of accommodation provided includes 1 to 4 rooms maximum. The accommodation may be furnished or unfurnished.

The accommodation can be a single flat or coliving in student residences (also called “shared” flats)

Student home insurance works if you are under 45 years of age when you sign your contract.

Yes, when you move into rented accommodation, you are legally obliged to take out home insurance which includes at least Tenant’s Liability.

Article 7 of the law of 6 July 1989 specifies that the tenant must insure himself against the risks for which he is responsible in his capacity as a tenant and must justify this when the keys are handed over and then each year at the request of the landlord. Proof of this insurance is provided to the landlord by a certificate from the insurer or its representative.

Therefore, if you do not have proof of student home insurance, your landlord can refuse to rent you the accommodation. He can also give you formal notice to take out insurance by sending you a registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt. If you do not reply within one month of receiving this letter, the landlord may terminate the lease contract or take out insurance, which may be passed on to you in the form of rent.

You must provide your landlord with an insurance certificate each year and at each lease renewal. Etudassur will send this automatically by email when you subscribe or renew your contract.

 You should insure against rental risks to protect yourself against damage caused by fire, explosion or water damage. Of course, in addition to these rental risks, you should also choose a student home insurance policy that includes cover against other common risks, such as theft, glass breakage, furniture insurance, recourse from neighbours and legal protection. If not automatically included in the home insurance policy, civil liability insurance is also strongly recommended.

You are free to choose the insurance company of your choice.

The law of 6 July 1989 specifies that in the event of a claim, you are responsible for any damage you may cause to the building, to neighbours and to all third parties during the period of occupation of your rental.

If you don’t have student home insurance, the legal and financial consequences in the event of a claim could be extremely serious for you!

Civil liability is a legal protection mechanism that covers you when you cause damage to others through fault, imprudence or negligence. Indeed, French law obliges you to repair any material, bodily or immaterial damage caused by yourself, but also by persons for whom you are responsible, or resulting from things in your care (articles 1240, 1241 and 1242 of the Civil Code).

If, for example, you are playing a sport as an amateur and you injure someone, your civil liability will cover the financial costs resulting from this damage, such as the victim’s medical expenses. 

If you fail to do so, you will have to bear the financial consequences of the damage you cause.

There are several types of third party liability cover in a student home insurance policy:

– the classic private liability that we have just mentioned.

– Tenant’s liability to the landlord for damage you may cause to your rented accommodation or the building (such as fire). 

– Civil liability for recourse by neighbours or third parties, which protects you in the event of fire, explosion or water damage causing damage to your neighbours or third parties and originating in your rented accommodation (if, for example, your bathtub leaks and causes water damage to your neighbour’s home on the floor below you). 

However, some damage will not be covered by the Civil Liability of your student home insurance, such as damage you cause intentionally or in the course of sporting activities you are engaged in as a professional.

Etudassur’s student home insurance includes an automatic Third Party Liability (an option that is often paid for by most student home insurance policies). Without a Civil Liability certificate, you will not be able to do an internship in a company or enrol in a higher education institution. If you have third party liability, you will be covered for damage caused during your student year or during your work placement: your home insurance will pay.

If you wish to do an internship abroad in certain countries such as the United States, you will not be issued a student visa without prior proof of liability.

You can download a civil liability certificate in your personal space.

Traditional home insurance fulfils the same function of protecting the home as student home insurance. However, this second category is designed more for students, as these insurances are less expensive, in order to adapt to the economic reality of students. Students usually have a small budget, so the price of student insurance is both reasonable and includes the maximum possible coverage. We negotiate contracts to avoid paying for unnecessary cover or unreasonable insurance limits.

Hence the need to turn to an insurance company that specialises in student insurance, especially student home insurance. 

 The aim, in our opinion, is to do Just Right Cost, i.e. the right things at the right price.

By using our online quote, you will quickly obtain a summary of the home insurance cover you wish to take out and the price of your insurance premium, depending on the characteristics of the property to be insured and the duration of the contract. 

If you are satisfied, you have the option to purchase your student home insurance online immediately after you have received your quote, or at a later date.

You pay the full amount corresponding to the desired insurance period by credit card at the time of subscription.

The guarantees in your contract take effect on the day you choose when you take out the policy. They can at least start on the day you pay for your home insurance policy.

Finding student accommodation is not always easy as the supply of rental accommodation can be limited, especially in large cities. If you have found vacant accommodation, but are only moving in when your course or work placement starts, your landlord may still require you to take out home insurance immediately in order to reserve the vacant accommodation for you. It is imperative that your contract starts on the day indicated on your rental agreement.

If you wish to renew your existing student home insurance policy, go to your personal space, under “Renew my policy”. Enter a valid email address and your contract number.

Your new rented accommodation differs from your previous accommodation (new address, number of rooms, surface area, heating system, etc.), so you can change the characteristics of the accommodation to be insured.

A quotation will be drawn up, specifying the characteristics of the rented accommodation and the price of the insurance.

All you have to do is click on the “pay” option to be insured and receive your insurance certificate.

If you move, there are several options:

If you are staying in a private residence to occupy a studio, we will change the address on your student home insurance policy and send you a new insurance certificate.

Are you moving to a non-university residence or to the CROUS or still in a private university residence, but in a larger flat? Then you should apply for a change and we will contact you.

A single person, a shared flat (up to 3 people) or a couple can take out Etudassur home insurance if they have student status. For a couple, both people must have student status.

You can even insure your flatmates on your student home insurance policy if they have student status.

In the context of the new “shared” or “coliving” flats, the insurance must be taken out individually by each of the tenants. Etudassur offers you an exclusive clause for these flats. Indeed, it is not necessary to insure more than one main room in these types of flats. In the event of a claim in the common areas of this particular dwelling, the policy cover is extended to the shared room(s) in proportion to the number of flatmates. The number of rooms in the contract does not include shared rooms. 

You can take out student home insurance from Etudassur if you are a scholarship student. As with non-scholarship students, you must be under 45 years of age.

You can modify your contract at any time via your partner area. You can also contact us by email or by phone at indicating the number of the contract to be modified and specifying your request. 

It is also possible to change your address if you move to a student accommodation of the same nature as those insured by the Etudassur home insurance contract. The accommodation must be in metropolitan France or Corsica.

Once you have taken out your student home insurance policy, you have 14 days to withdraw from it. To do so, log on to your personal space and send us your request or contact us by telephone. 

You will not incur any costs, you do not have to provide any proof, and you will be fully reimbursed.

Once the 14-day period has elapsed, the premium paid cannot be reimbursed if you return the insured home before the end date indicated on your contract. However, you remain insured for Civil Liability until that date.

Contact us by email at or call us on

You can also start your procedure via your personal space.

Thanks to your student home insurance, if you need a professional to come to your home quickly, contact the Etudassur assistance service on available 24 hours a day. 

In case of water damage, turn off the water supply and contact the residence manager to stop the leak. If necessary, contact the Emergency Service.

If the leakage comes from a neighbouring building, you must fill in and have filled in an amicable water damage report, and then send us this document.

If you are a victim of theft or vandalism, contact the police or gendarmerie directly to inform them of the offence.

Inform the residence manager and the Emergency Service.

Finally, for your student home insurance to work, file a complaint at a police station or gendarmerie. You can also file a complaint by filling in an online declaration, which can be accessed on the website of the Ministry of the Interior.

Don’t forget to send us your complaint within 48 hours.

For all other claims, inform the residence manager and send us a detailed claim report within 5 days by email or via your personal space. 

Your student home insurance protects you in the event of a social security procedure.

Indeed, the latter can exercise recourse against you if it considers that you have caused harm to your spouse, or to your ascendants or descendants if their dependence on this organisation is unrelated to the filial link between you and these persons. 

The insurance also protects you against the financial consequences arising from your civil liability if you cause damage to third parties or to one of your home workers due to the intentional fault of another home worker.

Your student home insurance protects you against the reimbursement of sums you would owe in the event of inexcusable fault on your part in a dispute with the Caisse Primaire d’Assurance Maladie (CPAM). This situation can arise when a domestic employee asks you for compensation for damage suffered (physical and mental suffering, aesthetic and pleasure damage, loss or reduction of professional promotion opportunities).

If you are the victim of a loss that is covered by your student home insurance policy, you are entitled to a relocation allowance. To do this, contact the assistance department of your contract at so that they can find you new accommodation. Etudassur will reimburse you for all the costs incurred to rehouse you, up to a limit of €1,000.

As an insured tenant of a home, you have the right to cancel your home insurance contract if it is more than one year old, thanks to the Hamon law. Your insurer cannot charge you any penalties or additional fees if you change insurer.

First of all, you must find and take out a new student housing contract. Once you have signed your new contract with Etudassur, contact us to let us know that you wish to cancel your old contract. We will then take care of cancelling it. By doing so, you authorise us to take all the necessary steps on your behalf with regard to your former insurer.

As soon as we receive your request, we will process it within a maximum of 72 hours (including working days). 30 days after receipt of the registered letter, your former insurer cancels your home policy and your new policy with Etudassur starts.

During the transitional period, your rented accommodation is still covered by your previous student home insurance policy. Your previous insurer is obliged to reimburse you the sums already paid on a pro rata basis for the remaining months if you had opted for an annual premium.

Our services are at your disposal

General question

Monday to Friday - 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 to 5:30 p.m.

In the event of a disaster

Monday to Friday - 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 to 5:30 p.m.

For any emergency

outside of opening hours

24/7 support

Do you have a question?

We answer all your questions about our student housing insurance.

A unique insurance contract on the market and
negotiated for your needs!

Merci de noter que nous ne serons pas joignables ce vendredi 15 Mars 2024, nos bureaux seront exceptionnellement fermés. Veuillez nous excuser pour la gêne occasionnée.


Stop aux punaises de lit

Inclus dans nos assurances !